The Best Crispy Air Fryer Vegan Buffalo Tofu Wings Recipe: These veganized buffalo tofu tenders are spicy and oh-so-indulgent! Being vegetarian for so many years, I always felt like I was missing out on wing night. Although I didn’t want the chicken wings, I often found myself drooling over the sauce – especially spicy buffalo. This recipe is the perfect vegan snack for game night or a great addition to wraps and vegan salads. The air-fryer is used to make the tofu wings quickly and easily. Don’t worry if you don’t have an air fryer, they can also be baked in the oven for a crispy finish. Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking for a tasty, guilt-free snack. These vegan tofu wings are sure to satisfy.
How To Reheat Leftover Vegan Buffalo Tofu Wings?
Leftover vegan tofu wings can be easily reheated in the air fryer or oven for a crispy texture. Avoid using the microwave as it may cause them to become soggy.
What are some pairing options for Vegan Buffalo Tofu Wings?
These flavorful vegan wings are delicious on their own. But they also make a great addition to buffalo Caesar wraps or as a topping for buffalo Caesar salads. For a classic wing experience, serve them with a side of vegan blue cheese dressing and fresh carrot and celery sticks.
Can these vegan wings be made gluten-free?
These Vegan Buffalo Tofu Wings can easily be made gluten-free by using gluten-free breadcrumbs. Or you can use crushed cornflakes instead of panko breadcrumbs. The end result will be just as delicious and flavorful without the gluten, making it a perfect option for those with gluten sensitivities.
To wrap up, these vegan buffalo tofu wings are a delicious, spicy, and indulgent plant-based alternative to traditional chicken wings. They can be made in an air-fryer or oven, and are a great addition to wraps and salads or as a standalone snack. Leftovers can be easily re-heated and they can be made gluten-free with the use of gluten-free breadcrumbs or cornflakes. Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking for a tasty new vegan recipe, these wings are sure to please. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!
Crispy Air Fryer Buffalo Tofu “Wings”
- Air fryer
- 1 brick Tofu Extra firm, pressed
- 6 tbsp Cornstarch or arrowroot
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened plain almond milk
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs (can be substituted for GF)
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tbsp Freshly ground black pepper
Spicy Buffalo Sauce:
- 7-10 tbsp Franks buffalo sauce
- 2 tbsp Melted vegan butter
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- Press tofu ahead of time wrapped in a dish towel to remove all excess liquid. Tip* Tofu tastes best when it’s been frozen and thawed as it adds to the texture.
- Cut tofu into 16 sticks.
- In one bowl, add cornstarch and almond milk. Mix well with a whisk and make sure you have a nice thick consistency.
- In a separate bowl, add panko, paprika and pepper. Mix well.
- To bread the wings, dip each piece of tofu first in the wet mixture, then roll in the dry mixture until well coated.
- Placed coated wings directly onto the air fryer rack. Cook in the air fryer at 390° for 8 minutes, flipping half way through at the 4-minute mark.
- While the tenders are in the air fryer, you can prepare the buffalo sauce. Melt the vegan butter, then add in the franks buffalo hot sauce and garlic powder. Mix well. If you like your wings extra saucy and spicy, add 10tbsp of franks. If you like a little less, start with 7 tbsps.
- Remove cooked tofu from the air fryer and coat each piece entirely with the buffalo sauce.
- Serve with vegan ranch, or vegan bleu cheese dressing.
Directions for baking in the oven below:
- Place on a baking sheet on parchment paper and bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes, flipping the tenders half way. Make sure the tofu wings and nice and crispy before removing from the oven. Once they are crispy, coat in the buffalo sauce and serve.