Creamy, tangy and so much better than store-bought. This Creamy Vegan Coleslaw Dressing classic will be your new favourite! This dressing goes so so well with my Easy Vegan Broccoli Summer Salad Recipe!
This creamy mayo-based vegan dressing is gluten-free, dairy-free, and perfect for coleslaw, broccoli slaw, kale salad or any other salad you want to throw it on! It’s so easy to make and comes together in less than 5 minutes.
Q: How long does homemade coleslaw dressing last in the fridge?
A: Up to 1 week in an airtight container.
Q: What is coleslaw dressing made of?
A: Vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, salt, pepper, and of course mayo! In this version, we swapped mayo for vegan mayo, and sugar for maple syrup. We also added the option of dijon mustard to add a little extra somthin’ to this dressing.
Q: When should you dress coleslaw?
A: No more than 20 minutes before serving. Add the dressing in small amounts, mix well and taste it to make sure you haven’t overdressed it.
If you have guests, it’s always better to have salad lightly dressed and leave the rest of the dressing out for those who like it more. Follow these tips above to avoid a soggy coleslaw salad! 😋
Creamy Vegan Coleslaw Dressing
- 3/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper and salt to taste
- 1 tbsp mustard or dijon mustard (optional)
- In a medium jar or bowl, whisk together the vegan mayo, vinegar, maple syrup, lemon juice, salt, pepper and mustard until smooth and creamy.
- Serve on about 8 cups of your favourite slaw mixture, and enjoy!