Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with this delicious and easy to make Crunchy Asian Coleslaw Salad. This Asian-inspired recipe is not only healthy and colorful but also a perfect snack or side dish. Whether you’re looking for a light lunch or a side dish to complement your main course, this vegan Asian coleslaw salad is sure to please. It’s easy to make and packed with flavor, perfect for those who are looking for a quick and easy recipe. So, don’t wait any longer and try this Crunchy Asian Coleslaw Salad today. You’ll love it!
Want to make this Crunchy Asian Coleslaw Salad but short on time?
No problem! Many supermarkets offer ready-made “slaws” such as Brussel Sprout Slaw, Broccoli Slaw, Carrot Slaw, and many others that are pre-shredded and perfect for this recipe. These pre-made slaws are a great base for creating your own unique Asian coleslaw salad. Simply add your own choice of vegetables, nuts, seeds, or dressings to make it your own. You’ll be able to enjoy this delicious and healthy recipe in no time. So, don’t let a busy schedule hold you back from trying this Crunchy Asian Coleslaw Salad recipe today. Enjoy!
How Long Does The Vegan Crunchy Asian Coleslaw Salad Last?
One of the best things about this Vegan Crunchy Asian Coleslaw Salad is that it stores nicely for a couple of days! The main ingredient coleslaw gives this vegan salad a longer freshness timeline than a traditional salad made with Romain lettuce. You can enjoy it as a side dish or a snack for a few days without any worries. And if the salad gets a little soggy, you can always fry it up in a pan and add it to a stir fry for a delicious and different way to enjoy it. So, you can make a big batch and enjoy it for a few days without any hassle.
Coleslaw Health Benefits
Not only is this Vegan Crunchy Asian Coleslaw Salad delicious and easy to make, but it also has numerous health benefits. Coleslaw, the main ingredient, is a good source of dietary fiber that helps promote bowel regularity and may also help lower cholesterol. It’s low in calories, with only 100 calories per cup, making it an ideal choice for anyone trying to lose weight. Additionally, coleslaw is an excellent source of vitamins A and C, which are essential for eye and skin health and proper vision. It’s also a good source of calcium, important for bone health and preventing bone loss. And the vitamins and minerals found in coleslaw can boost the immune system, keeping it working properly. So, enjoy this vegan salad without any guilt, it’s not only tasty but also healthy
How To Make Vietnamese Pickled Carrots
I have attached a link to my Vietnamese Quick and Easy Pickled Carrots recipe here! Quick and easy to make and are a great addition to this recipe and other various vegan recipes.
Vegan Crunchy Asian Coleslaw Salad
- 1 inch piece of ginger, minced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ cup soy sauce or tamari for gluten-free
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 lime juice of 1 lime
- 2 ½ cups chopped cabbage
- 3 large carrots cut into matchsticks
- 1 green onion, chopped
- ¼ cup Thai basil, chopped up important this is Thai basil
- hot chilies or chili oil to taste
- Whisk up the vinegar, soy or tamari sauce, ginger, lime juice, and garlic together.
- Now that the dressing is ready you can add in the rest of the veggies and the sesame seeds. Purple cabbage or green cabbage will both taste great. I used my cabbage from a bag of pre-chopped coleslaw that has both red and green cabbage to save some time. 🥒
- Add a cucumber too for some extra freshness. Thai basil has a distinct taste so I’d highly recommend it if you can find it. If not, regular basil will work too!