Easy to make, I love this Crunchy Asian Coleslaw Salad which is Asian-inspired! It’s healthy, colorful, and makes the perfect snack or side dish.
Vegan Crunchy Asian Coleslaw Salad
Easy to make, I love this Asian inspired slaw! It’s healthy, colorful, and makes the perfect snack or side dish.
- 1 inch piece of ginger, minced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ cup soy sauce or tamari for gluten-free
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 lime juice of 1 lime
- 2 ½ cups chopped cabbage
- 3 large carrots cut into matchsticks
- 1 green onion, chopped
- ¼ cup Thai basil, chopped up important this is Thai basil
- hot chilies or chili oil to taste
- Whisk up the vinegar, soy or tamari sauce, ginger, lime juice, and garlic together.
- Now that the dressing is ready you can add in the rest of the veggies and the sesame seeds. Purple cabbage or green cabbage will both taste great. I used my cabbage from a bag of pre-chopped coleslaw that has both red and green cabbage to save some time. 🥒
- Add a cucumber too for some extra freshness. Thai basil has a distinct taste so I’d highly recommend it if you can find it. If not, regular basil will work too!
This salad does need some time to marinate, so make it about a half-hour to an hour before you plan to serve it. Enjoy!!
Please follow and like us: