Homemade vegan croutons 🥖🍞🥖🍞
Anything bread-related – I’m here for it! Pretty simple and easy recipe and a great way to save that old bread that might have become a little too hard to eat on its own. This is the recipe for about 2.5 cups of bread so if you have more you can double the recipe. I add these to my vegan caesar salad recipe!
I like to taste as a go – start with a little seasoning and add more if you like. I used a baguette but you can use any bread you have in the house! You can also use this same recipe with chickpeas instead of bread for a healthier choice. Just note that these Homemade vegan croutons do not keep (they won’t stay crispy if stored) and you should eat them right away.
- Baguette (Ideally at least a day or two old, any variety will do. Whatever leftover bread you have)
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut bread into little crouton sized squares
- Add 2-3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil to a pan on medium heat
- Throw in your bread squares and keep them moving until they’re toasted
- Add 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- And 1/2-1 two of Italian seasoning
- A little dash of salt & pepper to taste if you need it
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week
- These can also be baked in the oven but I find the pan method so fast and easy!