Looking for a quick and easy vegan weeknight meal? Look no further than this vegan creamy one pot pasta recipe! Made with a rose sauce and delicious roasted red peppers, this dish is sure to please even the pickiest eaters. Not just for vegans, this recipe is a crowd-pleaser that will have everyone enjoying a plant-based dinner.
With a cook time of just 30 minutes or less, this vegan one pot pasta recipe is perfect for those busy weeknights when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. It’s so easy to prepare, even a beginner cook can make it. So, don’t wait any longer and give it a try. Your taste buds will thank you!
By following this recipe, you’ll have a delicious and easy vegan meal that the whole family will love. And it’s perfect for those who are looking for a flavorful and satisfying pasta dish that can be made in no time. Enjoy!
What Noodles To Use In the One Pot Pasta?
You can use any type of pasta noodle for this vegan one pot pasta recipe. But for added protein, red lentil pasta noodles work well. Additionally, you can also try using homemade vegan noodles for an extra decadent and creamy meal. The choice of noodle type is really up to you and what you have on hand. No matter which pasta you choose, this dish is sure to be a delicious and satisfying vegan meal that the whole family will love.
How long does my Vegan Creamy One Pot Pasta last?
Leftovers of this vegan creamy one-pot pasta can be stored in an airtight container for up to four days in the fridge. When you’re ready to eat it again, you can reheat the pasta in the microwave or on the stovetop. You can also make a big batch and freeze it in portions. It will last up to 3 months in the freezer. Just make sure to reheat it thoroughly before eating
When making this vegan creamy one pot pasta, it’s important to keep an eye on the cooking time of the noodles to avoid overcooking them. Adding the rose sauce at around the 8-minute mark, will allow the pasta to absorb the flavors of the sauce while still maintaining its texture. Also, it’s important to stir occasionally while the pasta is cooking. This helps to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
The amount of pasta used can also affect the consistency of the dish. In this recipe, 4 cups of pasta are used to achieve a creamy and saucy result. However, if you prefer a less saucy consistency, you can reduce the amount of pasta used. If the dish becomes dry while cooking, you can add a little more broth as needed, to achieve the desired consistency.
Vegan Creamy One Pot Pasta
- High Power Blender
- ¾ cup soaked cashews Soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain excess water.
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp hot chili flakes optional
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 4-5 cups penne
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup roasted red peppers (diced) if you wanted extra you can add an extra ½ cup
- 1 tbsp hot chili flakes optional
- 3 tbsp italian spice blend
- 6 to 8 cups spinach about 3 large handfuls
- Start by preparing the rose sauce. Blend the soaked and drained cashews, tomato paste, and broth in a high powered blender. Blend until smooth and creamy and set aside.
- Add olive oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add diced onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until onions start to soften. Add minced garlic and sautee for 1 more minute.
- Add roasted red peppers, nutritional yeast, Italian spice blend, and hot chili flakes. Stir in the ingredients then add 3 cups of broth and the penne.
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions. Once the pasta is almost done cooking add in the rose sauce. Stir until well mixed. Then stir in the spinach. Cook another 1 to 3 minutes until spinach is wilted.
- Serve and enjoy!