This vegan chickpea shawarma kale salad is super tasty and very easy to make. This vegan salad recipe is gluten-free, sugar-free, and easily customizable.
Vegan Chickpea Shawarma Kale Salad
This vegan chickpea shawarma kale salad is super tasty and very easy to make. This recipe is gluten-free, sugar-free, and easily customizable.
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas 2, 15 oz cans drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp coriander
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cardamom
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes if you want it spicy!
- 1 cup chopped kale per serving (plus a little olive oil for massaging)
- ¼ cup diced cucumber per serving
- ¼ cup diced tomato per serving
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley per serving
- few tbsp tbsp pickled onions per serving (see notes)
- 1 to 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional to add to the top of the salad)
Tahini Lemon Sauce
- 5 tbsp tahini (75g)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)water to adjust consistency
- Prepare the pickled red onion if you haven’t already. See our Quick & Easy Pickled Onions Recipe
- Massage the kale with 1/2 tsp of olive oil to soften. Set aside.
- Chop the cucumber, tomato, and parsley.
- Whisk the tahini sauce ingredients together until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chickpeas, lemon, and spices and heat through, about 5-10 minutes.
- While they’re cooking, divide the kale, chopped veggies, and pickled onions between 4 bowls or containers.
- Divide the chickpeas between each bowl then top each with tahini sauce. Serve with pita and if desired, hummus.
- Optional, sprinkle one to two tbsp of nutritional yeast for a more cheesy flavor.
Also super tasty with any flat bread including naan! I add a lot of olives to my salad because olives are the best.
Please follow and like us: