Indulge in a delicious and nutritious vegan Caesar salad that’s both gluten-free and dairy-free with this easy and healthy recipe. If you’re a fan of kale, you’ll love this vegan Caesar salad recipe. It’s perfect as a main course or appetizer for any meal.
Making a vegan Caesar salad is simple and easy. All you need are a few basic ingredients. Such as romaine lettuce, avocado, and garlic chickpea crisps, and a mason jar to make the dressing. You can also add any other veggies you prefer and switch out the garlic chickpea crisps for traditional bread croutons if you prefer. For the dressing, you can find a link to my vegan Creamy, Delicious, & Easy Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe.
How To Store Vegan Kale Caesar Salad
This dressing can be stored in the fridge for up to 6 days. Leftover Caesar salad can also be stored in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. The crispy chickpeas can be stored for up to 2 weeks.
What is in a Healthy Vegan Caesar Salad?
Vegan Caesar salad is a simple recipe that can be easily modified to fit your tastes. I love adding avocado for extra creaminess. Of course, you can switch out the garlic chickpea crisps for traditional bread croutons. Instead of Kale, you can also use romaine lettuce.
Health Benefits of Kale
One of the main ingredients in this salad is kale, which is a well-known vegetable known for its numerous beneficial dietary implications. Kale is high in antioxidants and an excellent source of Vitamin C.
Why I Love This Recipe!
I love this recipe because it’s super easy to make, well-balanced, and made with healthy whole foods. The fact that it’s 100% vegan (egg-free) and dairy-free makes it a great option for those looking for a healthy and delicious Caesar salad alternative.
So, give it a try and enjoy a delicious and nutritious meal that’s both gluten-free and dairy-free. Serve it as an appetizer, a side salad with dinner, or even a lunch!
Vegan Caesar Salad Recipe
- Frying Pan
- Container to mix dressing in
- Measureing Cups
- Large mixing bowl
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 cloves Minced Garlic
- 4 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard I like a full tsp but half is good too!
- 1/4 tsp Salt I use Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper Again I prefer a full tsp for a more peppery flavour!
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 1/4 cup Cold Water
- 1/2 can Chickpeas 540 mL 19 fl oz
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- to taste Salt
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 bunch Kale
- Throw all the dressing ingredeint into a mason jar, the order does not matter. Put on the lid and shake shake shake! Set aside in the fridge!
- For the chickpea crutons cover the pan with a little olive oil and cook the chickpeas on medium heat until they are a little crispy and you hear a poppin. sound This should take approximalty 5 minutes on a medium heat.
- Once the chickpeas are cooked reduce heat and add, 1 tbsp garlic powder, salt to taste, 1 tbsp Italian seasoning. Mix them up and set aside.
- Wash and chop 1 large bunch of kale. Add to a mixing bowl and pour on the dressing. Toss the salad and add in vegan bacon bits (lots of bacon bits are accidentally vegan!) Add chickpea “croutons” And serve!