Tofu Teriyaki Sheet Pan: Introduce your taste buds to a vegan version of the classic Asian dish with this easy Tofu Teriyaki Sheet Pan. With just 10 minutes of prep time, this meal is perfect for busy weeknights. The tofu is crispy and the veggies are perfectly roasted, while the teriyaki sauce adds a sweet and savory touch. This sheet pan dinner is not only delicious but also great for meal prep. Get ready to add this vegan version of Tofu Teriyaki to your regular dinner rotation.
How can I make the tofu extra crispy in this sheet pan recipe?
For extra crispy tofu, press the tofu for at least 30 minutes before marinating it in the teriyaki sauce. Then, instead of adding the tofu to the sheet pan with the vegetables and sauce, bake it on a separate baking sheet for 10-15 minutes before adding it to the sheet pan with the vegetables for the final few minutes of baking. This will ensure that the tofu gets nice and crispy while the vegetables and sauce are still cooked to perfection.
For those who crave that extra crispy texture in their tofu, there are a few ways to achieve it. First, make sure to press and drain the tofu and toss it in cornstarch. This will help to absorb any excess moisture and create a crispy coating.
One option is to bake the tofu on a separate sheet pan with a little oil. This will allow the tofu to cook in a single layer and crisp up evenly.
Another option is to cook the tofu in an air fryer at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through. Or, you can fry the tofu in a pan with a little olive oil for 3-5 minutes per side, until it’s golden brown and crispy.
Keep in mind, it does require a little extra effort to get that mega crispy texture, but it’s worth it for those who prefer it. Also, make sure to cut your vegetables into similar sizes to ensure even cooking.
If you feel up to making your own homemade teriyaki sauce check out this recipe. It only takes about 5 minutes to make and lasts in the fridge for up to 5 days, so you can use it again throughout the week.
Meal Prep Tofu Teriyaki Sheet Pan
You can chop all your veggies, press the tofu, and even make a homemade teriyaki sauce on your meal prep day to save time. Then all you have to do is throw everything on the baking sheet and have the easiest healthy vegan dinner ever!
Why freeze and de-thaw tofu before cooking?
Freezing and de-thawing tofu before cooking can greatly enhance its texture and give it a meatier, chewier consistency. When tofu is frozen, the water inside the tofu expands, creating tiny ice crystals that break down the structure of the tofu. Once thawed, the tofu will have a more porous texture that allows it to absorb more marinades and sauces. This is an optional step but it’s an easy way to add an extra layer of flavor and texture to your Tofu Teriyaki Sheet Pan.
Looking for ways to boost the plant-based protein in your sheet pan dinner?
Consider adding an additional half block of tofu for a protein boost, or serving the dish on a bed of quinoa to take it to the next level.
What veggies can be used in a Tofu Teriyaki Sheet Pan dinner?
When it comes to veggies for this Tofu Teriyaki Sheet Pan dinner, the possibilities are endless. Like a blank canvas, you can add whatever colors and flavors you desire to create a unique and delicious masterpiece. You can use your favorite veggies or clear out the fridge of any lingering produce before it goes bad. Mix and match like a pro to create a symphony of flavors. Here are some tasty options to add to your sheet pan:
- Zucchini: adding a refreshing crunch
- Broccoli: the crown jewel of cruciferous veggies
- Mushrooms: the earthy umami booster
- Peppers: adding a pop of sweetness or heat
- Green beans: the string bean sensation
- Onions: the all-purpose veggie MVP
- Garlic: the flavor king
- Cauliflower: the low-carb queen
- Carrots: the sweet and versatile root veggie
- Tomatoes: the juicy and sun-ripened star
The options are endless, so don’t be afraid to get creative and experiment with different veggies to find your perfect Tofu Teriyaki Sheet Pan recipe!
How do I make the Tofu Teriyaki Sheet Pan gluten-free?
To make this Tofu Teriyaki Sheet Pan gluten-free, simply use a gluten-free tamari or soy sauce instead of regular soy sauce. You can also use coconut aminos as a soy-free alternative. Additionally, make sure any other ingredients used in the recipe, such as the teriyaki sauce, are also gluten-free. This recipe can be easily adapted to suit your dietary needs and preferences.
How long does the Tofu Teriyaki Sheet Pan last in the fridge?
This dish can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven or in a pan on the stove top. If you want to keep the tofu extra crispy, reheat it separately before adding it back to the dish.
How to reheat Tofu Teriyaki Sheet Pan:
To reheat, place the leftovers in a baking dish and cover with foil. Heat in the oven at 350°F for about 15 minutes, or until heated through. You can also reheat the leftovers in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes, or until heated through. Enjoy your delicious and easy vegan meal prep dinner!
This is one of my favorite easy, week-night healthy vegan recipes that comes together in a flash. I love gourmet cooking on the weekend, but on a busy day, ain’t nobody got time for that! Since it only takes 10 minutes to prepare, there’s no reason not to add this to your next week’s vegan meal prep. 😜🤩
Easy Vegan Teriyaki Sheet Pan Dinner With Tofu
- 1 brick extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 red onion
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 pack white mushrooms (about 250 grams)
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 bunch sliced green onion
- 1-2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Drain and press your extra firm tofu.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop the veggies into similar sized pieces to ensure they cook evenly. For the mushrooms chop them in half, and cut all other veggies into a similar size.
- Cut the tofu into equal size cubes. NOTE: If you want your tofu extra CRISPY please see the notes below. The steps for the tofu will be a bit different.
- Add the tofu cubes into a bowl, and toss them in the cornstarch until they are evenly coated. The cornstarch will help the tofu crisp up.
- Next, add all the veggies and tofu to a baking sheet together.
- Add 3/4's of your teriyaki sauce, and mix it around to evenly coat the veggies and tofu.
- Throw the sheet pan in the oven and bake the veggies for 30 minutes total, flipping halfway.
- Add the remaining teriyaki sauce if needed, top with your favourite garnish and serve over brown rice or quinoa if desired. Enjoy!
- You’ll still want to press and drain the tofu, and toss it in the cornstarch.
- It can be baked on a separate sheet pan with a little oil to help crisp it up.
- The tofu can be cooked in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 15 minutes flipping halfway, OR it can be fried in a pan with a little dash or olive oil for 3-5 minutes per side. Cook until the tofu is nice and crispy and golden brown on the outside.
- hot peppers
- green beans
- and more!