Tofu scramble is a vegan alternative to scrambled eggs. This Easy Tofu Scramble Recipe is super easy to make and you can customize this recipe with whatever veggies you have left in your fridge. It can be made in under 15 minutes and will make you not miss scrambled eggs at all!
You can serve this Easy Tofu Scramble Recipe with a baguette, a side salad, an English muffin, a bagel, salsa, hot sauce, avocado, hashbrowns, or whatever side you like! You can even have it plain or with Ezekial toast for a post-workout, high-protein meal. It’s delicious and nutritious, and it’s a vegan staple in my opinion! Enjoy!
Vegan Tofu Scramble
- Frying Pan
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 16-ounce block firm or extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (heaping tbsp)
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- couple dashes of turmeric
- 2-4 cloves minced garlic (or ½ teaspoon garlic powder)
- 2 tbsp plant based milk (unsweetened and unflavored)
- chopped herbs and veggies of choice
- Crumble or mash the block of tofu in a bowl. Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add veggies and garlic.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 3-4 minutes. Add the tofu crumble and mix it up. Now add the nutritional yeast, salt, and turmeric.
- If you want to add any other spices get creative! Paprika or everything bagel spice are two of my favorites.
- Pour the non-dairy milk into the pan, and stir to mix. Add fresh herbs and spinach if desired.
- Cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Add vegan cheese if desired and fold it in.