This Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes recipe is perfect for the weekend or when you have a little more time to cook! The sweet potatoes take a while to bake but the overall prep time really isn’t too bad! I throw the sweet potatoes into the oven and continue with other tasks for another half hour and next thing you know it’s time to make the toppings! These Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are a great post-workout 🏋🏻♀️ meal and if you don’t want masala you can just substitute salt garlic and chili powder on the chickpeas instead.
Tandoori Masala Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Can Chickpeas (19 FL OZ.)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ tsp Tandoori masala seasoning blend
- 1 tsp Chilli powder (Optional)
- 3 Very ripe avocados
- 2 Garlic cloves
- ¼ cup Cilantro (Optional)
- 1 Lime
- Salt to taste
- Bake 2-3 sweet potatoes at 425 for 40-50 minutes. Poke holes in the sweet potatoes before putting them in the oven. This allows them to cook more evenly.
- Drain and rinse 1 can chickpeas. Toss chickpeas in some olive oil (1-2 Tbsp) in a pan on medium heat till they are a bit crispy. This only takes a few minutes.
- Then add some tandoori masala seasoning blend. I used about 1/2 a tsp and then added 1 tsp of hot chili powder to make it extra spicy 🔥 I didn’t add any salt since my masala blend already had salt 🧂 in it. Taste it as you go. You can always add more spice but you can’t take it away 😝🍴
- Use a fork to remove a little of the center of the baked sweet potatoes (sliced open) and load with chickpeas.⠀
- Mix together 3 very ripe avocados (mashed), juice 1 lime, 2 finely grated garlic cloves, 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro (optional for you but for me my Guac NEEDS cilantro I love it haha) and salt to taste.
- Add dollop of guacamole to top of the chickpeas and drizzle tahini (about a tablespoon per potato) and Enjoy!