This is a very Easy Spaghetti Squash Recipe. I LOVE the squash at this time of year! And who doesn’t love another “pasta” style dish. Serve it as a vegan side dish with some salt and pepper or with marinara and vegan meatballs as a noodle substitute. Read below to find out how to cook Spaghetti Squash.
Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- Cooking Sheet
- 2 Spaghetti Squash You can also cook just 1 as well
- Olive oil Just enough to spread over the spaghetti squash
How to cook spaghetti squash
- Cut ends off the squash
- Cut in half horizontally (use a wet paper towel under your cutting board so it doesn’t slip! Squash can be a bit difficult to cut so be careful)
- Remove the seeds and set them aside if you’d like to roast them later. The seeds are super tasty and nutritious just like pumpkin seeds.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil. You don’t need much just rub down the sides that will be going directly on the baking sheet.
- Place face down on a baking sheet
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Test with a fork. If the fork easily goes through the skin in the squash they are ready.
- Let them cool for a few minutes and remove the squash from the skin using a fork. It will come out stringy in a noodle like shape.
- Serve as a pasta noodle replacement with your favourite sauce or as a side dish.