A deliciously perfect sun-dried tomato bake that tastes gourmet, but only takes 5 MINUTES TO PREP! This Vegan Pasta Bake Recipe will impress both friends and family, and have everyone asking for seconds.
You’re trying to figure out what to make for dinner, but you just don’t have the time to whip up something gourmet. You also don’t want to serve your family or guests a vegan mac n’ cheese out of the box. This easy Vegan Pasta Bake Recipe dish is the answer!
You really just have to try it. It’s so incredibly easy and tastes like you put a lot of effort into it. When really, you just threw a few ingredients together and put them in the oven to work their magic. This Easy One-Dish Sun-Dried Tomato Vegan Pasta Bake Recipe dinner can even be made with zero chopping if you buy pre-minced garlic, and small spinach leaves. I’ve said it once, but I’ll say it a hundred times: this is the best low effort vegan meal that is so flavourful and will get gobbled up in no time.
Q: How long do pasta bake leftovers last?
A: Up to 5 days in the fridge in an airtight container. I have a baking dish that comes with a lid, making this even easier!
Q: Are pasta bakes healthy?
A: It depends on the ingredients, and while I have nothing against pasta (especially in an Italian household!) white pasta doesn’t have much nutritional value. I often swap white noodles out for lentil noodles to make this dish extra healthy, and to add more fiber and protein.
Tip* lentil noodles (such as explore cuisine) cook similarly to regular pasta, but chickpea noodles cook very fast, and would not work in this dish.
Easy One Dish Sun-Dried Tomato Vegan Pasta Bake
- 1 9×11 baking dish
- 400 grams penne or rigatoni pasta
- 1 14 oz can chopped tomatoes (Optional: fire roasted if you can find them)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chopped sundried tomatoes in oil
- 3 cups chopped kale or spinach
- 3 large cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp italian spice blend (heaping tbsp)
- 1 tbsp hot chili flakes (optional)
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheese
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (optional)
- 3 cups boiling water
- vegan parmesan to sprinkle
- fresh basil
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Chop the spinach or kale. If using kale, lightly massage with a little olive oil to reduce the bitterness.
- Mince the garlic, and if your sundried tomatoes didn't come pre-chopped, cut them into smaller pieces.
- Add all the ingredients into your baking dish, and give them a good stir. If the pasta isn't fully covered in boiling water you can add a touch more. The pasta should be just barely covered in the liquid mixture. Be careful not to add to much.
- Cover the baking dish with tinfoil, and throw in the oven.
- Check the pasta at 25 or 30 minutes to make sure the top of the pasta has cooked. If not, give it a good stir and throw back in the oven for another 5 minutes without tinfoil. If you NEED to add a little more boiling water you can, but be careful, the dish can turn out watery if you add too much.
- Taste the pasta to make sure it's cooked. (Careful not to burn your mouth like I always do haha!) And it's ready to serve with your favourite toppings!
- Yup you heard it right, just throw all the ingredients into a dish, bake and serve. SOOO EASY!