These Vegan Coconut Macaroons are delicious chewy vegan gluten-free and literally melt in your mouth. You won’t believe these are made with only 4 healthy ingredients. 5 if you count the chocolate drizzle which you won’t want to skip if you’re a plant-based chocolate lover!
I’m sharing the recipe for a single batch but TRUST ME! You will want to at least double the recipe for this healthy vegan dessert. There was definitely a lot of debate and negotiation as to who got the last cookie from this batch. I could not believe this plant-based dessert was actually gluten-free and sweetened without sugar. The Vegan Coconut Macaroons are SO good and I can’t wait for you to try them!
The cookies just won’t turn out right and will be super flat if you use large shreds of coconut. Make sure to get the fine or small shredded coconut for the best result.
Make sure to use solid coconut oil and not melted. Melted coconut oil will result in smaller macaroons.
4 Ingredient Healthy Vegan Coconut Macaroons
- 1 1/4 cups Unsweetened shredded coconut (fine or small shreds not large)
- 1/4 cup Oat flour (finely ground almond flour is a great substitution)
- 3 tbsp Solid coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Pure maple syrup
- 3-4 tbsp Dairy-free vegan chocolate chips to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add coconut, oat flour, coconut oil and maple syrup to a high-powered blender or a food processor. You can add one teeny tiny little pinch of salt in there if you love salt like me. 😉
- Blend on high until it’s well mixed and has a sticky consistency. I used a Vitamix and found I had to pause the blender to push the ingredients down with a spatula multiple times. It can feel a bit tedious but should only take a few minutes.
- Use a small scoop to scoop out small little firmly packed balls onto the cookie sheet.
- This recipe should make about 12 cookies total. I shaped mine into more of a cookie shape rather than a ball which is fine too. These are your cookies after all, so you do you 😉
- Bake those cookies for about 12-16 minutes. They’re ready when the edges are golden brown and the tops are just lightly browned.
- Optional: Melt the plant-based dark chocolate and drizzle over top of the macaroons.
- Now for the bad news, they have to cool for 30mins-1 hour. You could just eat 1 straight out of the oven and burn your mouth like I did, but they are better when cool!
- Serve and ENJOY!
- The cookies just won’t turn out right and will be super flat if you use large shreds of coconut. Make sure to get the fine or small shredded coconut for the best result.
- Make sure to use solid coconut oil and not melted. Melted coconut oil will result in smaller macaroons.